Doolittle & Dalley was founded in 1893 by the late Edward Doolittle. Originally based at High Habberley in Kidderminster until 1900, he moved to Eymore Farm, Trimpley, Bewdley which was later to become Trimpley Reservoir.
Edward Doolittle practiced as a Licensed Valuer and Land Agent concentrating mainly on agricultural valuations. By 1912 the business had grown to the extent that Edward Doolittle took in a partner, Reginald Dalley, who held a National Diploma in Agriculture from Harper Adams and later became a Chartered Surveyor and Auctioneer.
In about 1917 their office moved to Park Butts, Kidderminster above Dalley’s Seeds and in June 1918 Edward Doolittle died. In 1918 Raymond Hall became an articled clerk to Reginald Dalley and in time qualified as a valuer and later became a partner in the company.
In 1954 David Hall (Raymond’s son) joined the company articled to Reginald Dalley and became a partner in 1964. The company continued its agricultural and residential valuation and estate management activities, but in addition David Hall developed the business into the emerging residential sales market and associated avenues including valuations for mortgage lending purposes, planning and development advice.
The company moved from Park butts to New Road and eventually into our existing premises in 1954. In 1923 a branch office was opened in High Street, Bridgnorth which later moved into Bank Street and then to its current location at 46, West Castle Street, Bridgnorth.
At the beginning of the 1970′s Doolittle & Dalley also expanded with the creation of the commercial department, offering professional advice on purchasing, selling and letting of commercial buildings and land. This sector of the business has continued to grow.
In April 1982 Richard Hall (David’s son) joined the family business and for a while there were three generations of the Hall family all working in the business. Richard qualified as a valuer and progressed to becoming a partner in July 1992.
John Andrews joined the firm in 1967, qualified as a valuer and joined the partnership in 2000.
In 1984 Tracy Hall (David’s daughter) joined the family business and was made an associate partner in 1992. Tracy Hall now manages the residential lettings department, which has developed considerably and now manages in the region of 1000 properties throughout the area.
The current partners are all Fellows of the Royal Institute of Chartered Surveyors, have over 134 years combined experience and possess an unrivalled wealth of local knowledge and expertise.
"Claire Manning and Team very professional and knowledgeable. Very friendly and empathetic. Assisted in my search. Made the process very easy. Excellent service. Would definitely use this company in the future. "
Kidderminster Office: Estate House, Proud Cross Ringway, Kidderminster, Worcestershire DY11 6AE / 0345 3700 300
Bridgnorth Office: 46 West Castle Street, Bridgnorth, Shropshire, WV16 4AD / 01746 763336
© 2015 Doolittle & Dalley. All rights reserved. Estate agent website by